Instructor: Kathryn Simmons Wednesdays: February 26, March 4, 11, & 18 Spinning yarn is one of the oldest fiber traditions whose basic techniques have not changed much since the Leonardo Davinci invented the modern spinning wheel around 1490. A meditative and relaxing process, spinning is great way for weavers, knitters and artists alike to create custom yarn. Participants will learn to spin and ply yarns in this exciting four week course.
Out of stockInstructor: Diana Pemberton Mondays, Feb 24, March 2, 9 & 16, 6:00-9:00pm Interested in learning how to create your own cloth? Or do you already have a loom at home but have no idea where to start? In Intro to Weaving you will learn how to weave on floor looms from yarn to cloth. By weaving a color and weave sampler scarf using simple woven structures, you will become comfortable with all of the steps in the weaving process all while creating a beautiful scarf to show off to all of your friends. This class is designed with the beginner in mind and requires no prior experience. It is also a great course for anyone that has learned to weave in the past, but needs a refresher. *Please select local pick up at check out
Instructor: Anna Routson Wednesdays - August 5, 13, 19 & 26 6pm-9pm Students will learn to read weaving drafts by picking an eight shaft pattern and planning their projects. Weaving experience is recommended.
Studio Membership, $275/month
- Private 170 sq. ft. studio space.
- 15% discount on classes*, workshops and loom rental
- 24/7 access to Praxis with your own key fob and security code.
- Small storage locker
- Dyes and chemicals for most common dye processes
- Opportunity to participate in exhibitions
- Communal workspace with large pinable tables
Note: Your card will be charge $275.00 automatically each month until you contact Praxis to cancel your subscription.
- Support the mission of Praxis. Receive all promotions and mailings.
- 15% discount on classes* and workshops
- 2 Tickets to Annual Benefit